Sonntag, 25. April 2010

Picture Round

So - I know the reason why you bother reading my blog at all is that I promised to put up pictures at some point, so here they are. I already told you that my flatmate Steve usually cooks us a huge dinner on Sundays, but in the past few days the weather has been superb, so today we had a barbecue on the roof instead. This is Mel, the Australian girl who used to live in the room that I occupy now. She's going to Scotland with her family tomorrow, which is sad because she is great fun.

This is my room mate Lauren and her friend Johnny. She's from up north so her accent is almost as unintelligible as Gareth's (for those not in the know: he's Northern Irish). Apparently the reason why they wanted me to move in instead of the Swedish girl who was also really interested is because I can understand her.
This is Mel (again), Canadian Lauren who lives upstairs and Angela, another Aussie girl who lives two streets up. I would put up a picture of Steve the Kiwi but I could get hold of his feet only. It's ANZAC day today so we're going to Walkabout (an Aussie bar) for a drink later, maybe I'll have better luck when he's a couple of pints down the line. I shall let you know.
This is the living room (see that big telly there? We have SKY! I love this place so much already). At the moment it's really messy because Mel had to move all her stuff here when I was coming, but as I said she'll be going to Edinburgh tomorrow (boo hoo!) and the place will be spotless again.
This is my room - well, kind of. It's the bed in my half of the room. Of course it took me only about half an hour to get the place cluttered, but in my defense... well, I don't really have anything in my defense except I'm a messy person and I can't help it. I need to decorate a bit (maybe become a cliche and put up a gigantic German flag) but that's not top of my list of priorities.

Other than that, I went to watch Gareth's team play football in Fulham today. They played quite well but still lost. It seemed like the ref really had it in for them, plus I'm thinking it didn't help that everyone drank really heavily last night. Emotions were running pretty high when one of the other team's players got sent off for mouthing off and "our" goalie nearly punched the ref (the four-letter count went right up there). I think I'll be back next Sunday.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Please say hi to all of them! Hope to see them again soon :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Your flatmates seem to be quite nice. I hope you enjoy your time in London! - Katja

    AntwortenLöschen